Thursday 16 July 2009

This and that

I'm warning you now .... I am not in bestest form! I know I have many things to be thankful for and I truly am grateful for the blessings in my life ... but I have hormones and they are not conducive to good form at this precise moment!

Let's pause to take in the sunset over the Firth of Lorn in Argyll!


We had a wonderful break at Mum and Dad's - the weather was on the whole fantastic, though the downpours were spectacular! Charis had great fun at the beach and Niamh enjoyed sitting in the waves too! There is something very serene about being surrounded by hills and sea - I don't get that when I come home, which has probably contributed to my mood! I should be glad to be home, happy ... but that is not what is manifesting itself at the moment!

Ok, before I completely put you off, I'll hook you in with a shot of little Miss Blue Eyes, taken at Kingsmills Park!


Oh this is bad!!! I'm arguing with Charis about a stupid toy cat! What is wrong with me? Poor children having to put up with a grump like me! I was fine until an hour ago - almost had Niamh asleep (she is one nightmare of a baby to get to sleep - don't let those little blues deceive you!) and Charis came through crying. Wide awake baby + crying 4 year old = grumpy Mummy! 'Someone' had tipped bronze metallic paint into her 'favourite' craft pot and she couldn't stick her bits on to the card she was making! So, grumpy though I now was, I painstakingly washed the paint off tiny jewels and 'sparkles', gave them back to her, washed the bathroom ... and 5 minutes later she came through with a card covered in glitter ... not jewels ... not 'sparkles' ... glitter! *sighs*

Ah, let's pause this rant to admire Loch Ruthven and Charis fishing for tadpoles below!

Anyway - we go on holiday to Ballater in a couple of days, so could someone please come and slap me out of this! Thank you!

3 comments:

Citril said...

Oh you are such a fantastic encourager!

kyooty said...

I like Pam's idea, go either have a good cry or kill a pillow. These things just kind of come to a head and BAM. I think some of it the lack of routine that comes with summer. The kids are out of their routine so we are too.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I blame the weather. Have a wonderful holiday and thanks for adding my blog to your list.